Sunday, July 12, 2009

RaadheKrishna!

So, its really been incredible for the response that i got for my first blog. Some of you even took the pains to write a comment(including my guru). One common thing in the comments that i received was that, people are actually waiting to read my next blog. So, the inference which i draw from this is bi fold:
1. My first blog has evoked people's interest and I have made a decent venture in to the world of blogging.
2. People are curious to know to the manner in which I have improved my communication skills, which further makes me feel delighted for the simple reason that people now actually believe that I possess good communication skills:)

After the sanskrit oratorical competition debacle, nothing phenomenal happened. I continued to see people who possessed these abilities with a slightly more analytical angle. I used to ponder over questions like whether they are born with these skills or they certainly make it a point to work at each and every stage...But still, i couldn't give myself a convincing answer. To make things worse, I never discussed about this to anyone. This happened till my schooling career.

The breakthrough came in my college life. After managing a quite decent score in 12th Board exam, I joined Vivekananda College Chennai. The course was Bachelors in Corporate Secretaryship. My class had a strength of 65-70. During the management class, pricncples of management were being discussed in length. An open-ended question about Mr.Henri Fayol's principles was put before the class. At the top of my voice, I managed to speak at a stretch for 10 minutes elucidating all the 14 principles. It was a shocker to me, the class and of course my professor. There was a silence for 2 minutes, everyone pondering about my answer..I enjoyed every moment of it. I knew that I gave an answer which will surely have an ever lasting impact.

From where it came......Was it because of my strong foundation which the school had given me, or was it the eagerness to make an impression or was it finally the awakening of inner self....I think its a perfect proportion of all the 3 components. After that class, I saw people talking among themselves about the answer which I gave. Needless to mention, all of them were really impressed. I took that incident in a very positive manner. I thought this could be the perfect stage from where i can carry on.

So, i started to bridge my impression at each and every walk of my college life. I could very easily analyse the difference. The confidence level was growing in a comprehensive manner. There was no looking back from there on....I had developed good communication skills.

This was the analysing part which i had mentioned in my first blog. For the realising part, wait for the next blog which will include further incidents which made my stronger. That will be the final episode on communication skills.

Regards

O S Mukundan

PS: Continue giving your valuable suggestions........................


5 comments:

  1. sumtimes u jus need one moment to realize how gud u r.... m glad it came at d rite time fr u :) nice one again... waiting fr d next... :):)tc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very positive entry there... :)
    Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mukundan its really nice reading your blogs..one thing i must tell that i am not a regular blog reader or writer but there is something in your blogs(though you have written only two till time) that propels me to read it with keen interest. Your blogs are really inspiring.. keep it up.. and ya ofcourse waiting for the next one soon...
    noopur!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Was it because of my strong foundation which the school had given me" - Full Credit goes to SSBV.......... lol

    ReplyDelete