Wednesday, July 1, 2009

RaadheKrishna!!!

So here I come..It is an enlightened feeling that i have started blogging today.I feel like something as if I have won some award:) It really has been a long wait. I usually procrastinate things and this one comes with no exception. Before i start, i have to profusely thank 2 people who have been a real source of inspiration for me to start blogging.

1. My maternal cousin Sruthi Muralidharan, who is doing her PhD in US. I am a huge fan of her blogs. She brings life to each and every composition. I see each and every blog of hers as a composition. Its a virtual treat every time. So, she is my first guru of blogging!!!!!!
2. My school friend Amith Nag who is currently working for IBM in Bangalore. His blogs are incredible. His way of developing a plot is amazing. Some of his blogs are really hilarious.

So, thank you so much for being the inspiration. Please keep up the good work going.

And dear readers, most important thing...While reading my blog, do not have expectation of any sort. I am sure that I will commit at least a dozen of grammatical mistakes and thanks to the spell check, i can avoid spelling mistakes. The post might be totally irrelevant or might not suit your taste. Hence, am cautioning you people in the beginning.

As I earlier said that I usually procrastinate things, but usually find a reason to justify the same. The reason why i prolonged the decision to start blogging is, I could not find a topic where I shall be comfortable. There would be millions of ideas which would pass through my mind, but none would be convincing enough. Finally, I came to a conclusion that for the first time I would write about something which i personally analysed and realised simultaneously(don't ask me how) couple of days ago.

I was very very poor at my communication skills(especially verbal communication) during my schooldays. I sometimes used to wonder on how people could speak so efficiently in oratorical competitions. For some of them, it literally used to be a cake walk. Give them any damn topic, within minutes they would come out with gazillion points. Sadly, never I had the curiosity to improve upon it.

When i was in sixth standard, I had taken sanskrit as my second language. My school frequently conducted oratorical competitions in as many languages as it could. Can you imagine an oratorical competition in sanskrit?? Read further to believe it...

One day, we heard an announcement that there is going to be a sanskrit oratorical competition. There was an open entry system. My friends wondered whether the competition would attract even one entry. Since we had taken sanskrit as our second language, it was compulsory for us to remain as an audience through out the tenure of the competition. So, it was all set. The judges took their seats. The comparer announced the first name(who happened to be my classmate). He did a great job. Obviously I could not understand even a single word. But his body language, confidence and clarity impressed me.

Now, the comparer after giving a few words of appreciation about the previous speaker called the second participant. The name which came out of her mouth was O S MUKUNDAN. I am not able to put any adjective here to describe the feeling which i underwent. I felt terrible and shocked to say the least. My initial thought was to fight with the school administration who didn't even ask whether a person is willing to participate in a competition. But, I thought I would reserve it later. I still remember the walk from my seat to the stage. I think there were some 200 million steps which i took. I went up to the stage and stood before the mike. That's it folks...I was dumb stuck for 2.5 minutes. I couldn't even utter a word. My mind was blank. Even if somebody would have asked my name, i wouldn't have recalled. One of the awful moments of life ....the judges were shattered. One of them, actually went out of the auditorium:) Finally the judges rang the bell indicating that the time was over. I rushed back to my seat. Some of my friends even gave a small clap:) After the competition, I ran to the authorities and asked them how could they include my name when i had not given my intent to participate. The reply that I got, is that since there were only very few entries, they made it compulsory for all sanskrit students to participate.

The worst part is that i could not learn a lesson out of it. Even if I had a reasonable amount of communication skills, I would have managed at least something. At least I would have spoken something in English:)

Now, where is the part of analysing and realising(which i said in the earlier paragraphs) here.

WAIT FOR THE NEXT BLOG......................



PS: Please give your valuable suggestions. I will be more than happy to receive criticism irrespective of being constructive or destructive.

Bye for now....

O S MUKUNDAN
01.07.2009






7 comments:

  1. Mr O.S. Mukundan,

    Just read your blog. Man it was awesome. The way you expressed it made it even more interesting. Continue writing such blogs. All the best!!!
    Raghav

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm... cant believe u were lik dis... i must say u hv changd alot from tht time :) waiting fr d nxt one :))
    anusha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style is right from the heart....it makes a connection with the reader instantly...

    About the school competition, I can totally empathize... we have all been there, embarrassed, blushing and muttering to ourselves..."never again"...

    Waiting for your next....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mukunth. Post was hilarious. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nicely written o.s. the way you have written created the whole scene in my mind. :) though it was hard to believe that for you :) waiting for the next....
    noopur!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. watsup man?? nice to see you enter the blogging fraternity, whatever the motivation is... starting is not difficult, but sustaining is.. keep writing.. and oh do check out my blog when you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm great to read these things ya, it reminds me everything what all happened in our schooldays. start your next blog soon, I am really eager to read it

    ReplyDelete